Friday, April 2, 2010

Explanation

Ok,

So I think an explanation is in order here so nobody gets the wrong ideas...

Yes, that is ONE of my bass cabs. It is a 210 Peavey TVX that I decided to "pimp". I figure that so many musicians take life seriously so why not make a leopard skin cab?! I mean really F--it, why not?

Listen, I am a bassist... its like anyone care what my shizzle looks like, right? I say, let it roll... I would really like one in astroturf though.

To let ya'll know a little about me:

I am the bassist for the widly popular Wannabeens (www.wannabeens.com) out of Atlanta, GA. I have a crapload (<-- is that a word?) of gear, including:

Gigging setup:
Peavey Dyna5 bass (primary)
Peavey TL5 (backup)
Markbass TA501
Avatar 410
Sansamp Paradriver (backup DI for all the sound guys...)

Practice Setup:
Peavey Firebass 700
Peavey 412

Other Toys:
Peavey 212
Peavey Bassist preamp
Ashdown 210 micro stack
Trace Elliott 250 W 12 band head (ok... I forgot the the name...)
Peavey 212
"pimped" Peavey 210
Ibanez RD500 bass (4 banger)
Ibanez ATK300 (4 banger) - custom thumb rest form luthier
'79 Peavey T40
'79 Peavey T40 (yup 2 of them!)

I prefer D'Addario strings.
I play:
5 String:
130, 100, 80, 65, 45

4 String:
105, 85, 65, 45

Questions? Post them!

MJarus
(talkbass.com sig: OxJohnson)

No comments:

Post a Comment