Saturday, May 15, 2010

A confession... I admit.

Today I actually bought 2 items that I thought that I never thought that I would buy:

Monster Cables for my bass and an effects pedal.

I am a purist by nature and therefore don't find the need for pedals. By and large, every time I have approached them, I find them to be a distraction (except for my Paradriver that I keep for an emergency DI). But... the need hit to fatten up my sound a little to fill some more sonic area, so I decided that I needed a stereo chorus pedal. I wound up with a Boss CEB-2, and so far I think that it may fill the bill.

The other confession is the Monster Cable. I used to (and still do) think that Monster Cables are no better than any other decent cable, but cost so much due to marketing. It always seemed like a silly snob thing to me. However after having a number of cable failures I started to get fed up, so I got the Monster Cables. I don't know if they will last any longer, but if they do fail, I can just take them back to Guitar Center and have them replaced. For me, that is worth the extra $8 that I paid for them over my normal cable of choice. I should really just roll my own, but I am too lazy to mess with it.

Thats all.

No comments:

Post a Comment